This is a great sauce for all kinds of meat and is also good with veggies. I like it with the country ribs listed elsewhere. It’ll keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup (avoid high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (Pearl River is excellent)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 T dry mustard (can substitute dijon)
- heat, your favorite, to taste (e.g., hot sauce, cayenne powder)
- 1-2 T vegetable oil
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
Finely chop together the ginger and garlic or grate the ginger and mash the garlic. In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all the above ingredients. Simmer, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and add 1-2 tsp lemon juice or several thin slices of lemon.